Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Step 1: Joy in solitude

My mind has been running with different ideas to get inspired and do something new, following up on the "trying to find myself" last post. I thought the first thing was to write one personal goal;
  • To find the joy in solitude.
    • This is very important!
First-step: I have been noticing that ever since I have been back home, I have not been able to see my dearest friends as I had when I lived off-campus. I miss my friends. After thinking and browsing websites (like the one posted on my last blog post) I have decided; time spent alone is...  not a bad thing, its necessary. 
  • Lonely, the feeling of disparity between you and the rest of the world (lol) Everyone feels it sometimes yet when you are experiencing the emotion yourself, you feel as if no one could understand! You against the world.
The key: Finding the joy in solitude makes you aware of the things. (Things you have done, want to do, dislike, etc.) As I embark this journey of "adulthood" (ha) I will try to disregard the cold emotion "Lonely" and embrace it with "joy" [when I have a day that I am off from work and have no plans]. Go to the beach, go watch a movie, take a walk, ALONE! (Ha that sounds a bit crazy, maybe a bit extreme). Nonetheless, the bond between you and yourself is important because then you become comfortable under your own skin, and if you ask me, that is one step closer to finding yourself and finding those things you may want to do to create (big or small) change. 

Think positive and you can view the world differently. With this I leave you with a quote that sums everything up well... 
“Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life.” 
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

  1. I really like your writing style. I hope you keep going with this :)



    JoanneSheppard.Blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your feedback, it is much appreciated <3 :)

    ReplyDelete