Friday, November 15, 2013

Step 4: Support


In order to get where you want to be, you will need a team.

My supervisor told me something similar and for some reason, after he mentioned it, the thought sunk in.

Think about it: Think of one celebrity... with amazing talent (or not) ... they made it to where they are because of the people who helped them build that road.

Beyonce: She has her manager, stylist, choreographer, etc...

Lets open this up now: Think of the one person who you admire, look up to; I am going to talk about my mentor. She is the co-founder of her own non-profit, pursuing her passion to empower women of color, thriving to where she wants to be.

She did it with the support of others! Of course she had the drive, but in addition to her motivation, she had her mother giving her useful advice, her cousin, brother and friends to help volunteer with events. Her other friend, who she collaborated the non-profit with.. I could go on and on but you all understand my point

Be open to those who want to help you, ask for help when in need. Surround yourself with people of great energy. You need a team to support you, whether that may be your family, co-workers, or friends.. Yes there are times you may think (because I know I sure do) that you can do it all with no help! (I am superwoman after all lol), and what I am saying is YES you can, but be open to let others support you, if they really want to extend their arms to you... understand that you need them just as much as they need you to help you grow to your maximum potential.

Yes you may be talented, yes you can be the most intelligent person walking on earth BUT those who are there for your best interest will help lift you higher. 

 "Only by binding together as a single force will we remain strong and unconquerable"
- Chris Bradford

2 comments:

  1. Very wise advice, Izzy! And I love the picture, too.

    All the best,
    Tina Gordon '72

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tina!! I really appreciate it <3 :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete